Waljat College of Applied Sciences, Muscat, Oman, organized a national symposium on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Management (NSETEM-2017), between 13th – 14th November 2017. Areen Nasser Al Rawahi and Esraa Said Al Maani, advanced diploma students of Department of IT, Higher College of Technology, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman presented a research paper titled “Designing and implementing an online mobile store system” in the symposium.
The major themes of the symposium were: -
- Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Biotechnology, Chemical engineering, Mechanical, Petrochemical engineering
- Management Issues and Current Trends
- Ethical, Legal issues in Engineering and Management
- Any Interdisciplinary Topics from Engineering and Management
The students were awarded with a certificate of contribution.
The students expressed their profound thanks to Dr. Huda Salim Al Shuaily, Head, Department of IT for her constant encouragement and support in such activities and events. They also thanked Mr. Talib Al Mahrouqi, Head of Section, Department of IT and Dr. Asma Hamoud Al Marhubi, Research Coordinator, Department of IT.
Department of IT actively supports and encourages the staff and students to participate in conferences, symposiums and workshops.