We will be a leading technological institution, providing high quality teaching and learning to prepare and empower the Omani professionals of the future so that they can contribute to national socio-economic development.
To deliver high quality student-centred education that produces competitive graduates who enter the labor market with confidence, strong technological and personal skills, and are prepared for a life of contribution and success.
- We will provide excellent governance and administration with transparency and adherence to ethical principles
- We will offer students high quality teaching, learning and training opportunities through continuous market analysis and curriculum review process and using recent technology
- We will offer quality programs that promote entrepreneurial skills and respond to the changing market needs and developments in technology
- We will ensure that graduates develop into responsible citizens by enriching their values and attributes to positively affect the socio economic development
- We will develop staff by offering opportunities for professional and personal development, rewarding hard work and innovative thinking
- We will encourage opportunities for applied research and consultancy
- We will foster mutually beneficial constructive partnerships with various public and private sector organizations, professional bodies and local and international communities that benefit the community at large
- We will provide facilities and learning resources that are effectively utilized and well managed to ensure efficient student and staff services
Attribute 1: Are well disciplined and committed to hard work and a high standard of productivity.
Attribute 2: Are able to apply the knowledge and skills to a diverse and competitive work environment.
Attribute 3: Are able to think critically, analyze and solve problems.
Attribute 4: Have a high degree of competence in using information and communication technology.
Attribute 5: Are professionally competent and up-to-date in their field of specialization in a changing global environment.
Attribute 6: Can gather and process knowledge from a variety of sources, and communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
Attribute 7: Can effectively demonstrate and apply good interpersonal skills in team work and leadership roles.
Attribute 8: Are committed to self development through life-long learning.
Attribute 9: Are socially responsible citizens aware of contemporary issues in contributing to national development.
Attribute 10: Are able to demonstrate and apply their entrepreneurial skills.
Professionalism - Hard work, commitment, accountability and transparency.
Integrity - Honesty and fairness.
Flexibility - A willingness to learn, develop new skills, and take on new responsibilities.
Teamwork and tolerance - Transparency, diversity, acceptance, openness to constructive criticism and ethical behavior.
Creativity and innovation - Imagination and originality.
Communication - Commitment to the effective exchange of information.
- Composition of Department Committees
- Terms of Reference
- Academic and Assessment Committee
- Academic Link Committee
- Advising and Registration Committee
- Department Quality Assurance Committee
- E-Learning Committee
- Examination Appeals Committee
- Final Exam Supervisory Committee
- Health and Safety Committee
- Industrial Link Committee
- Media and Public Relations Committee
- OJT Committee
- Research and Development Committee
- Resource Committee
- Result Analysis Sub-Committee
- Risk Management Committee
- Social Committee
- Staff Development Events Sub-Committee
- Student and Department Events Sub-Committee
- Timetable Committee