Library Services Section
Hisn A’Shumookh Library ( www.hsl.om and http://www.hsl.om/?lang=en ) is one of the well-established libraries in Oman. The library has wide range of collections for science and technology subjects which comprises both print and electronic formats. The Hisn A’Shumook Library offers the following services to our staff and students:
- Library Membership: Our staff and students are permitted to join as member. Membership form is available on Hisn A’shumookh Library website and also at our college library.
Hisn A’Shumookh Library susbcribes to the following online databases:
- Ebrary: It is an online database with more than 107,531 full textbooks in almost all major subjects.
- Arabase: It is an Arabic online peridoical database containing many journals in the field of language & literature . Fulltext of 249 journals and 202 conference proceedings can be accessed.
- Ecolink: This database covers Economics, Business and Management subjects. It is an Arabic database containing 252 journals and 533 conference proceedings.
- Edusearch: The database has 339 journals and 631 conference proceedings in the field of education and its allied subjects in Arabic.
- ArabEmarefa: is an Arabic database offering fulltext of 950 scientific journals in all disciplines.
- Medline Complete: It provides fulltext of more than 2400 medical journals, which mainly includes general health & medicine, pharmacology, neurology, molecular biology, genetics and genomics, histology and microbiology subjects.
- ProQuest Central: It is one of the largest aggregated online databases. 19,370 e-journals are avilable in the database, which covers almost all major subjects.
- HumanIndex: Fulltext Arabic articles in Humanties and conference proceedings (1940-to-date)
- IslamicInfo: Fulltext Arabic articles in Islamic Sciences and law (1924-to-date)
- ProQuest Dissertations: It contains 1.5 million dissertations and theses in all disciplines.