1. ETC Conducted a Seminar-Workshop entitled "Managing Challenging Behavior in College Settings"
As part of ETC’s training needs analysis conducted last year, ETC identified that the staff needs to be equipped with knowledge in handling challenging behaviors Mrs. Rehana Al Ameer is confident that staging the activity will very well promote awareness to the cultural diversities and how it influences the ability to respond to challenging behavior. This activity was only one among the many workshops to enhance staff development. Mrs. Rehana expressed her gratitude to Dr. Imran Hameed Khan, HoD of Business Studies Department by allowing the keynote speaker Mrs. Virginia Abueva-Amorillo to conduct the said event, despite of her busy schedule.
2. ETC Conducted a Seminar on Safety and Security in the Work Environment
3. ETC Staff Training on Operational Planning Management System
4. ETC Staff Awareness on HCT Institutional Accreditation
She also discussed about the ETC Council and the ETC Committees, its members and their respective Terms of Reference, and how the existing line-up of committees and membership, will be updated and revised according to the present needs of the center.
Mrs. Liwayway Castro presented the QMS Requirements (List of Required Evidences from OAAA, QAD ministry and HCT QAU), along with required file naming standards, and how these requirements are linked to the development of ETC Sharepoint Documentation.
5. Turnitin Hands-On Training for Academic Staff - Series 1
7. QA and Policy Awareness Program for ETC Staff
8. Risk Management Program: A Seminar for ETC Staff
9. ETC Organized a Seminar on Anti-Plagiarism Software (Turnitin Academic Integrity)
10. ETC Conducted QA Awareness Raising Activity
The activity was participated by the ETC Staff coming from three (3), CSS, ESS and Library. The activity aims to raise the awareness on the following policies and systems, as presented by:
1. Staff Affairs Policy - Ms. Aliya Yaqoob Al Hinai, Head of Human Resource Section
2. Health, Safety and Security Policy - Ms. Najma Al Bimani, Head of CSS
3. Plagiarism Policy and Risk Management Policy - Ms. Ma. Luisa "Imaan" Jasa, ETC Coordinator
4. Policy Management System - Mr. Indika Fernando, ESS-PMS Coordinator
11. ETC conducted a seminar entitled "Work Ethics: An Islamic Perspective"
12. Appointment of Acting Head of Computer Services Section
Appointment of Acting Head of Computer Services Section
With reference to the above subject and as per the responsibilities given to the College Dean in Article (9):4 of the Bylaws of Colleges of Technology, the following has been decreed:
Mrs. Najma Rashid Al Bimani is appointed as Acting Head of Computer Services Section.
Article 2: This decree cancels decree Number (10/2011).
Article 3: This decree is effective from its date of issue.
Issued on : 22 September 2013.
- The launch is in line with the government’s vision of incorporating technology in education.
The Higher College of Technology (HCT) in Oman, in collaboration with Microsoft, recently announced the launch of Microsoft Live@Edu system during a ceremony at the HCT premises. With the launch of Microsoft Live@Edu, free email services and collaboration tools will be provided to more than 10,000 students.
Birthday wishes for this month:
|1||Sivakumar Sadanandam||1 January||ETC||5069|
|2||Nawal S. Al-Dhanki||2 January||ETC||5050|
|3||Orlando Meneses||2 January||ETC||5069|
|4||Muhammad Ateeq||17 January||ETC||5128|
|5||Badriya Khamis Al Maqbali||17 January||ETC||5051|
|6||Marlon G Ferrer||22 January||ETC||5021|