Please press the PLAY button to watch the video below for DAY 1 WORKSHOP.
Please press the PLAY button to watch the video below for DAY 2 WORKSHOP.
TRAINING TOPIC : “Two Days Online Workshop on Structural Equation Modelling (Sem) & Confirmatory Factor Analysis Using AMOS”
EVENT ORGANIZER : Staff Development Committee
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT : Dr Bassam Khalil Hamdan Tabash
FACILITATOR : Dr K GOWRI
VENUE, DATE AND TIME : 28th & 29th June 2020 at 9AM to 11AM (Oman Time) thru Zoom.
The Staff Development Committee of Business Studies Department organized an “TWO DAYS ONLINE WORKSHOP ON STRUCTURAL EQUATION MODELLING (SEM) & CONFIRMATORY FACTOR ANALYSIS USING AMOS” . This session was conducted by Dr GOWRI.K, Assistant Professor, PSG college of Arts & Science, Coimbatore. The main theme of this workshop is to gain advance practical knowledge in analyzing statistical research with the help of AMOS and its support in research.
- Dr Gowri started the session with the meaning of AMOS statistical software, its importance and the application in structural equation modeling, Path analysis and confirmatory factor analysis. The following points were focused during the sessions.
- The meaning of structural equation modeling based on regression results.
- Understanding different theories to apply in structural model.
- Theory building application and its uses.
- Selecting an appropriate multi variant method.
- A clear discussion between first and second generation techniques.
- How to draw path diagram notation by using AMOS.
- Exogenous variables and Endogenous variables.
- How to draw diagram for different techniques.
- Techniques to apply for Exploratory factor analysis and Confirmatory factor analysis.
- Practical application of SEM in AMOS software
- To do analysis for various statistics with AMOS.
- Model fit indices, assessing the model fit and its uses in research.
- Confirmatory factor analysis and interpretation.
Dr Gowri elucidated the session in a meaningful way; she clarified the questions raised by the faculties in a pleasant way. This session enrich the faculties with the advance knowledge in statistical tools for research.