Event organizer : Staff Development Committee
Head of the Department: Dr Bassam Khalil Hamdan Tabash
Presenter : Dr S. Porkodi
Venue, Date and Time: – 4th May 2021 @ 11 AM to 12.30 AM through MS Teams – (2020-21).
The Staff Development Committee of Business Studies Department organized a workshop on “Improving Model Fit for one Factor CFA”. This training was presented by Dr S. Porkodi, a Lecturer from Business Studies Department, UTAS. The main theme of this workshop is to improve the research by using latest software. The participants are the interested staff from Business Studies Department.
Dr Porkodi started the session with a brief introduction on Improving Model Fit for One Factor Confirmatory Factor Analysis. And the following points were focused during session:
- Identifying Poor fit & Goodness of fit and adjusting it
- Assessing the model fit, modification indices and how to improve the model
- Manifest variables
- Observed variables of manifest variables
- How to draw Confirmatory one factor analysis
- Criteria for choosing one factor analysis and multifactor analysis
- How to save and run the model
- Modification indices for proposed and estimated model
- Checking model fit measures
- And improving the model fit measures
The session was rich and valuable; the participants gave a great contribution and a positive feedback. All doubts were clarified by Dr S. Porkodi.
To conclude, Dr S. Porkodi conducted an effective workshop which will result on positive impact and will reflect on the faculties’ future research and plans.