Training Topic : "Workshop on Factor Analysis using SPSS"
Event organizer : Staff Development Committee
Head of the Department: Dr Bassam Khalil Hamdan Tabash
Facilitator : Dr.Srinivasan
Venue, Date and Time: – 22nd Oct 2020 at 10 AM to 11.30 AM thru MS Teams.
The Staff Development Committee of Business Studies Department organized a workshop on "Factor Analysis Using SPSS". This training was given by Dr K. Srinivasan, lecturer of Business department. The main theme of this workshop is to encourage all the faculties to incorporate factor analysis in their research oriented projects.
The following points were focused during the session.
- A brief introduction about the session regarding factor analysis was well displayed.
- How to reduce data in factor analysis.
- Explanation as how factor analysis is based on semantic differential scale / Likert scale techniques.
- Why correlation is important in factor analysis.
- Assumptions in factor analysis.
- Statistics associated with factor analysis
- How to do factor analysis using SPSS software
- Choosing variables and to interpret the results.
The session was very interactive and effective. The way he explained is enthusiastic. Questions were raised by the faculties and the doubts are clarified. To conclude, Dr K. Srinivasan conducted the training in an effective positive way and it was very informative and helpful to all the faculties.