Training Topic : "Strategies to publish in Scopus / Web of Science Journals"
Event organizer : Staff Development Committee
Head of the Department: Dr Bassam Khalil Hamdan Tabash
Facilitator : Dr P. Karthikeyan
Venue, Date and Time: – 10th Dec 2020 at 10 AM thru Zoom app.
The Staff Development Committee of Business Studies Department organized a training on the strategies to publish the research papers in Scopus or web of science journals. This training was given by Dr P. Karthikeyan, Associate professor, School of Management studies, Kongu Engineering College, India. The main theme of this training was to encourage all the faculties to gain ideas to publish the research paper in the reputed journals like Scopus and web of science.
The following points were focused during the session.
- A brief introduction about the importance of publishing research papers.
- How to identify right journals for publishing research articles.
- Difference between Trade, Peer reviewed, Society sponsored and Commission article journals.
- Procedure to publish in Scopus journals.
- Focal points to be considered for writing a journal.
- Six qualities hall marked for scientific writing.
- Citation format – How to write a reference.
- The types of manuscript required for writing articles in various journals.
- How to write a research abstract for an emerald journal.
- Identifying high impact factor journal.
The session was very interactive and effective. The way Dr Karthikeyan put forth his knowledge was commendable. Questions were raised by the faculties and the doubts were clarified. To conclude, Dr Karthikeyan conducted the training in an effective positive way and it was very informative to all the faculty members.