The Business Department concluded the first semester of 2013/2014 on a sweet note by holding an informal fun filled gathering for its staff members in the college lawns under a bracing December sun. The purpose of the occasion was to celebrate the smooth conclusion of the semester as a welcome and a rejuvenating break from the daily routine of our work life. The event was named the “Tea Party” and the program consisted of the following:
- Introduction speech by CAT Coordinator Ms. Iman AL Hinai
- Tasting of different flavors of Tea and Hot drinks by the staff: The range was indeed exciting and no less exotic with entries like Saffron Tea, Kashmiri Tea, Rose Tea, Mint Tea, Karak Tea with Ginger, Red Seed Tea, Karak Tea and last but not the least Casablanca Tea.
- Staff voting for the best Tea or Drink
- Games for staff with gifts for lucky winners
- Declaring the winners of Best Tea Contest
- Thank you speech by HOD Ms. Zalkha Al Kharousi
There was also a wide array of delicious snacks to suit every taste. The entire event was conducted in much good cheer and sporting spirit by all participants as was evident from the broadly smiling faces and the loud laughter that frequently resounded across the grounds. It was indeed a day to remember and the positivity and team spirit that it promoted underlines the importance of holding such social gatherings regularly through the academic year.