Applied Sciences Department
The Department of Applied Sciences is geared towards providing and training students with technical and technological knowledge in the fields of Applied Chemistry, Applied Biology and Environmental science equipping them with the requirements for the labor market.
The Department of Applied Sciences is envisioned as the center for technical education, dedicated to produce graduates that are scientifically and technologically advocates for the national economic development.
The Department of Applied Sciences also provides the individual students with technical know-how on scientific studies, critical thinking and scientific communication and skills that can contribute effectively to the ongoing economic prosperity. Its target is to produce competent technicians through provision of accredited and globally competitive technological specializations with industry-valued qualifications.
In line with the vision and mission of the College, the goals, objectives and outcomes of the Department of Applied Sciences are as follows:
1. Produce nationally and internationally recognized qualifications (Diploma, Higher Diploma and B. Tech) in Applied Chemistry, Applied Biology and Environmental Science.
2. Provide a broad-based educational experience to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing working environment.
3. Create, develop and deliver new and innovative courses for employment in professional practice/progression to graduate studies.
4. Foster strong relations with the local industries and government departments in order to produce graduates that meet the market demand.
1. Provide the student with scientific studies that underpin the applied aspects in the above specializations.
2. Provide the opportunity for a wide range of topics in Science that are intellectually challenging.
3. Provide a range of skills in critical thinking, analytical methods, scientific communication and IT as well as developing a deep understanding of at least one Science discipline.
4. Provide the student with personal qualities and professional ethics essential for their career development.
5. Develop in the student the ability to function and communicate through writing, oral presentation, and work effectively as an individual and in a team.
6. Encourage independent and creative thinking.
Produce technicians, technologists and professionals in the above specializations with a wide range of skills in critical thinking, analytical methods, scientific communication and IT and possessing personal qualities and professional ethics essential for their career development.
Admission to the Department of Applied Sciences requires that students successfully complete one year academic Foundation Program and obtain a minimum score of 390 in “in-house TOEFL” tests.