On the Job Training
Before the Start of OJT:
- Briefing the OJT Supervisor (i.e. Industrial Supervisor) about the OJT Scheme, explaining the different requirements as laid out in the OJT Logbook and discussing the Training Schedule with the OJT Supervisor.
- Preparation of the ‘Training Schedule’ in consultation with the OJT Co-ordinator and student for the 8 weeks of OJT with a minimum of 300 hours of training in consultation with the OJT supervisor.
- Briefing the student/s about all the general aspects of OJT and the specific nature of work at the selected place.
- Informing the student (s) that they should report to the College Assessor after the 4th week to show his/her progress on OJT.
During the Progress of OJT:
- Visiting and evaluating the student/s at the OJT places (companies/concerns) contacting by e-mail/phone)
- Discussing with the student/s and the OJT supervisor about the nature and progress of training.
- Reviewing of the ‘Training Schedule’ in consultation with the OJT supervisor.
- Assessing continuously the student/s work along with the entries in the log book and attendance sheet.
- Maintaining of all the records related to industrial visit /call and forwarding suggestions if any, to the OJT Coordinator.
At the end of the OJT:
- Assessing the student/s work, final report and mapping the attainment of all the objectives and outcomes as per the training schedule related to the skills, knowledge and occupational competences.
- Conducting a power point presentation by himself/herself or a panel, for each student. The presentation may be just by conducting presentation by the student followed by question/answer session. This is to assess the student’s ability and confidence related to the nature of work performed and skills gained during the OJT.
- Collecting all the assessment records from the students (OJT report & log book) once they complete training
- Submitting the final grades for the allotted OJT student/s in the prescribed form to the OJT Coordinator.
- Submitting the final report and suggestions, if any, after critically analyzing the training process and work done during OJT.
- Maintaining all the records related to the OJT of the allotted students.