Business Studies Department
Training Topic : “ Textbook to classroom: a Journey of knowledge acquisition “
Event organizer: HCT - Staff Development Committee
Facilitator : Mr. Ahmed Al Ghadani
Venue, Date and Time: BS056 – meeting room on 21-11-2019 at 10 Am to 12 PM.
The Staff Development Committee of Higher College of Technology organized a workshop on “Textbook to classroom: a Journey of knowledge acquisition”. The program was headed by Mr. Ahmed Al Ghadani, Lecturer, Business Studies Department. The main themes of the program is how to make effective course delivery in classroom for Generation Z.
He started the workshop with discussion as what are the problems faced by teachers in the classroom and the following points were focused during the sessions.
- Journey of knowledge acquisition – Knowledge and experience sharing.
- Approaches of course delivery – based on teachers centered, student centered and Lifelong.
- He presents the nature of present students as.
Generation Z (Post millionaires)
Entrepreneurial and innovative mind
- How the Generation Z learners are preferring in the classroom.
Digital integrators (Animated videos)
Learning best by creativity
Visuals and Graphical presentation
- The latest approach is Lifelong learning.
Learning based on Labor demand
- What should be the role of a teacher
To conclude, Mr. Ahmed Al Ghadani gave an informative workshop as a journey of knowledge acquisition and the session comes to an end with a discussion.