Business Studies Department
Event organizer : Staff Development Committee
Head of the Department : Dr Bassam Khalil Hamdan Tabash
Presenter : Dr. Urmila Itam
Venue, Date and Time: 14th October 2021 @ 10 AM to 12 PM through MS Teams.
The Staff Development Committee of Business Studies Department organized a workshop on “Citation Management Using MENDELEY”. This training was presented by Dr S. Urmila Itam, Professional / Certified Mendeley Advisror, Assistant Professor, CMS Business School, Jain (Deemed to be University, Bangaluru, India. The main theme of this workshop is to enrich knowledge relating to citation and to encourage staff to practice this in their research oriented activities.
Dr Urmila started the session with the introduction about Reference Manager, why we need it and how it will help us in the research oriented activities. And the following points were focused during the session:
- A brief explanation about Mendeley – A citation database.
- Types of reference manger like, Mendeley, EndNote, ProQuest reference works and Zotero.
- Differences in using Mendeley and other Reference Manager.
- Endnote, the father of Reference Manager and its advantages.
- Free access database software like Zotero and Mendeley and its advantages.
- Uniqueness of ProQuest references.
- Mendeley and its access in Free academic software, Cross platform (Win/Mac/Linux/Mobile) and all major browsers.
- Syncing Medley with Desktop version. How to search journals or papers in Mendeley with multiple keywords.
- How to set up and manage the library using Mendeley.
- A brief idea about Open access journals.
- Syncing Zotero library in Mendeley software.
- How Quillbot citation helps in effective writing.
- Scribber APA citation software.
- Mendeley word plug-in.
- Tips to avoid plagiarism
The session was instructive and effective. Questions were raised by the faculties and the doubts were clarified. To conclude, Dr Urmila conducted the workshop in an effective positive way which supports and encourages the faculties to use proper citation in the research and other assignments.