Business Studies Department
Aim of On The Job Training ( OJT)
- On the Job Training (O.J.T.) means a training that occurs in a work place.
- On The Job Training exposes the students to actual job market and they get a feel of the corporate working culture.
- Training helps the student to improve performance at work place.
- It also adds more diversified experience and abilities while enriching the self- acquired proficiencies of the students.
- Training helps to minimize the margin of errors at workplace and most importantly cuts short on the period of time consumed in completing the work.
- All students must complete O.J.T. as a requirement for graduation with any of Diploma, Advanced Diploma/ Bachelor Degree.
- As per the college by-laws all the exiting students should go for OJT [period of 8 weeks, minimum 280 hours].
Eligibility for OJT
- Diploma: CGPA more than 2 but < 2.5 or IELTS < 4.5 / FDL < 64
- Advance Diploma: CGPA more than 2 but < 2.75 or IELTS < 5/ FDL < 71
- Students left with 1,2 or 3 courses to exit the level can join OJT [optional]
- Diploma and Advanced Diploma students exiting voluntarily with the CGPA/IELTS or FDL to move to the next level can do so, by filling the voluntary exit form with their advisors.
- Bachelor level students who have completed all courses with CGPA more than 2, are eligible for OJT.
Process of OJT
Important Guideline for Advisors
- Uploading the names of students eligible for OJT in the next semester based on the OJT Eligibility Criteria.
- Students remaining with one/two or three courses can also go for OJT after signing an undertaking with the advisor.
- It is very important that all advisors must project/upload the students eligible for OJT by the end of semester.
- Diploma and Advanced Diploma students exiting voluntarily from the level need to sign a Voluntary Exit Undertaking with their Advisors prior to OJT Projection and Registration. A copy of the same need to be sent to OJT Committee.
- All the registered students’ needs to be approved by their respective academic advisors.
- Advisors must ensure the eligibility for OJT and remaining courses.
Important Guideline for College Assessors
- College Advisor will be the assessor for OJT Trainees.
- College Assessors should communicate with the trainees on regular basis using their university email id.
- College Assessors should contact the allocated trainees at least twice during the training period
- College Assessors should fill in remarks with the date in the college assessor link in OJT Portal.
- College Assessors Should Check out for any critical issue in the company
- They should talk to or send a mail to the company supervisor if required.
- Ensure that the student has updated the following information in their OJT link
- Trainee is filling the daily attendance and activity book during the training.
- College Assessors must be informed by the trainee after completion of the training.
- College Assessors must fill the feedback at the end of training.
Team OJT (Business Studies)