Business Studies Department
On-the-Job Training (OJT)
Aim of On The Job Training ( OJT)
- On the Job Training (O.J.T.) means a training that occurs in a work place.
- On The Job Training exposes the students to actual job market and they get a feel of the corporate working culture.
- Training helps the student to improve performance at work place.
- It also adds more diversified experience and abilities while enriching the self- acquired proficiencies of the students.
- Training helps to minimize the margin of errors at workplace and most importantly cuts short on the period of time consumed in completing the work.
- All students must complete O.J.T. as a requirement for graduation with any of Diploma, Advanced Diploma/ Bachelor Degree.
- As per the college by-laws all the exiting students should go for OJT [period of 8 weeks, minimum 280 hours].
Eligibility for OJT
- Diploma: CGPA more than 2 but < 2.5 or IELTS < 4.5 / FDL < 64
- Advance Diploma: CGPA more than 2 but < 2.75 or IELTS < 5/ FDL < 71
- Students left with 1,2 or 3 courses to exit the level can join OJT [optional]
- Diploma and Advanced Diploma students exiting voluntarily with the CGPA/IELTS or FDL to move to the next level can do so, by filling the voluntary exit form with their advisors.
- Bachelor level students who have completed all courses with CGPA more than 2, are eligible for OJT.
Process of OJT
Instruction: Click the flowchart for more details
Important Guideline for Advisors
- Uploading the names of students eligible for OJT in the next semester based on the OJT Eligibility Criteria.
- Students remaining with one/two or three courses can also go for OJT after signing an undertaking with the advisor.
- It is very important that all advisors must project/upload the students eligible for OJT by the end of semester.
- Diploma and Advanced Diploma students exiting voluntarily from the level need to sign a Voluntary Exit Undertaking with their Advisors prior to OJT Projection and Registration. A copy of the same need to be sent to OJT Committee.
- All the registered students’ needs to be approved by their respective academic advisors.
- Advisors must ensure the eligibility for OJT and remaining courses.
Important Guideline for College Assessors
- College Advisor will be the assessor for OJT Trainees.
- College Assessors should communicate with the trainees on regular basis using their university email id.
- College Assessors should contact the allocated trainees at least twice during the training period
- College Assessors should fill in remarks with the date in the college assessor link in OJT Portal.
- College Assessors Should Check out for any critical issue in the company
- They should talk to or send a mail to the company supervisor if required.
- Ensure that the student has updated the following information in their OJT link
- Trainee is filling the daily attendance and activity book during the training.
- College Assessors must be informed by the trainee after completion of the training.
- College Assessors must fill the feedback at the end of training.
Team OJT (Business Studies)
Mr. Ahmed Al Ghadani
Dr. Anupum Sharma
Ms. Wijdan Salim
Ms. Maitha Al Hadi
Dr. Mohd Abass bhat