Civil & Architectural Engineering Section
Civil and Architectural Engineering section is one of the three sections in the Department of Engineering / Higher College of Technology / Muscat, which was founded in 2003 and began accepting students in various levels in Engineering.
Civil and Architectural Engineering section provides a rich environment for undergraduate study, supported by stimulating education and research projects that span a broad spectrum of modern applications. The section consists of four major programs:
- Civil Engineering;
- Architectural Engineering;
- Quantity Surveying;
- Land Surveying.
These programs currently offer four distinct undergraduate degrees Bachelor of Technology, Higher Diploma, Diploma and Certificate in their respective areas. Each of the above mentioned programs has its own missions and objectives in the broader domain of the section, which are presented in their respective pages.
In response to the development and technological advances in Sultanate of Oman, Civil and Architectural engineering section is continuously developing its academic programs and equipping its laboratories and studios to offer quality education to its students. These facilities are designed to adapt the requirements of the future due to the fast development in technologies.
The section has now a team of more than 20 full time faculty members, highly qualified and professionally experienced academic members. Further increase is expected in the near future. The section is keen on promoting extra-curricular activities involving both the students and faculty.
The mission of the Civil and Architectural Engineering section is to prepare students for life-long careers as practicing professional engineers and to provide our students with the necessary academic base required to pursue advanced studies leading to advanced degrees, as well as to provide employers and Sultanate of Oman with educated, technologically equipped graduates, able to serve the varied construction industries (represented by architectural, civil, and construction engineering technologies) in advancing the solutions to problems facing the public and private sector.
Civil and Architectural Engineering section is always ready to step into new territory and provide innovation for generations to come. Hence, section goals are:
- To serve society through excellence in engineering education by graduating highly trained Civil Engineers, Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Land Surveyors and Draftsmen, who will actively contribute to the development of the nation.
- To develop a respect for diversity and a knowledge of contemporary professional, societal, and global issues with an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- To be responsive to the ever-changing technologies of the construction industries.
- To instill in students the desire for and ability to engage in lifelong learning.
MS. KHULOOD SAIF HAMED AL DANAQI
Head of Section