Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Provide high quality education and training in the field of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration and to offer the opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary for demanding career in the sector of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration.
The program should enable the student to: Contribute to the society in a broad range of careers in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration system. Work individually and in team of multi-disciplinary projects. Make use of the available computer communication resources. Acquire technical skills necessary to enter careers in operation, application of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration system. Maintain and practice his profession with the highest standard of codes and ethics. Handle common issues effectively in his field. Recognize new development in his field and cope with future technological advancement.
The graduate should be able:
- Perform simple economic analysis and cost estimation related to design and maintenance of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning system.
- Apply basic technical design concepts to identify, analyze and solve problems in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning system.
- Make necessary safety measurements and verifications after the installations.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose different types of faults and fault location.
- Handle air flow measurements related to Refrigeration and Air Conditioning system.
- Describe the construction and the working principle of the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning system.
- Apply the basic principles of electrical, electronic and control systems related to Refrigeration and Air Conditioning system.
- Be committed effectively to quality to meet necessary schedules.
- Communicate effectively through series of peer & faculty reviews to include oral & written reports.
- Install, operate and maintain Refrigeration and Air Conditioning system.
- Read and interpret working drawing and manuals.
- Determine cooling load and other necessary parameters.