Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
To provide high quality education and training in the field of Oil and Gas engineering through rigorous courses, for the students to develop knowledge and skills to the highest academic level. Also, to reinforce the confidence in meeting the challenges or work in a global market. This program is planned to cater the needs for the Oil and Gas industrial sector which is a core industry in the Sultanate of Oman and neighboring GCC countries.
The program should enable the student to: Understand the competency-based training in the Oil and Gas industry. Improve the safety performance through highly effective safety training. Get pre-employment training for new entrants to the Oil and gas industry. Provide young Omani with an articulated ladder plan of training and education matching their potential, motivation and suitable career opportunities..
The graduate should be able to:
1. Grasp the basic understanding of scientific and engineering principles and their applications in solving Oil and gas engineering problems using theory and modern practical tools.
2. Have knowledge of safety and understand the importance of safety practices and procedures.
3. Communicate effectively their ideas and work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
4. Read and record the variable parameters related to Oil and Gas industry.
5. Recognize the needs to acquire the knowledge of contemporary issues and to engage in life-long learning.