English Language Center
The ELC QA Coordinator Ms. Inez Lobo successfully conducted Focus Group Discussions (FGD) in two sessions as follows.
- Session 1: 17th April, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. feedback on the General Foundation Program(GFP) courses (English, Mathematics (Basic, Applied and Pure), IT and Study Skills) and the Post Foundation Program (PFP) courses (Technical Writing 1, Technical Writing 2, Technical Communication, Public Speaking and Pharmacy English)
- Session 2: 17th April, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. feedback on General Foundation Program(GFP)
All the teachers were grouped for the purpose and a moderator was nominated for each group. All the moderators had a meeting on the 16th of April at 11:30 a.m. when Ms. Inez Lobo (ELC QA Coordinator) briefed them on their roles as moderators and provided them with the required materials; such as the aims and objectives of the GFP, and the questionnaires. They were also requested to bring the most current course outlines to refer to during the FGD.
The purpose of this activity was:
- To collect feedback on the GFP and Courses.
- To collect Feedback on PF Courses.
- To review the GFP Aims and the Level Objectives for English & Course Objectives for Math & IT based on the decisions informed by the result of this FGD.
- To provide a platform for active participation of all stakeholders in the curriculum development and review.
- To triangulate data collected from surveys with this FGD.
On the 17th of April the QA coordinator briefed all the participants of the FGD in each session on the purpose, process and the focus of the discussion for the first 30 minutes and then let them work in groups to give feedback according to the focus of the questions for 60 minutes. Each moderator discussed the questions in their groups, recorded the participants’ responses/ opinions and recommendations, in the space provided below each question. The session moderators; Mr. Manoj Manuel, Ms. Bhuvana Shankar and Mr. Reji K. Samuel assisted all the groups clarifying doubts and attending to any other needs of the participants. The final reports will be sent to the English, Math and IT Specialization Committees of the Ministry of Manpower for further action.
Ms. Inez Lobo
QA Coordinator, ELC
23rd April, 2017