Computer Services Section
The Computer Services Section (CSS), under the Educational Technology Center (ETC), functions as the sole source of computing activities provided for all users in the college. CSS plays a leading role in providing IT support and technical services for HCT departments, academic services and administration for both staff and students. CSS services include network support, technical support, hardware support, software support, web development, database development, and document manage display system. To ensure that the center provides a quality system, the responsibilities are segregated as follows:
- Network Support and Servers Administrator Supervising
- Updating the college website
- Establishing a Comprehensive database on the entire operations, facilities and contents of the college
- Developing information systems related to students’ admission and registration as well as to the college library
- Hardware and Software Security and Support
- Supervising the computer labs of the academic and administrative departments with the required computers and maintaining them
- Study and analyst new technology requirements for the college
- Maximizes overall performance by providing quality training for the effective use of computing resources in the workplace.
- Ensures that its services meet the needs of the college now and in the future by anticipating relevant trends.
- Introduces and modifies training program offerings in response to and in anticipation of changing technologies and campus needs
- Providing training in the use of technologically-current operating systems, application software, and hardware
- providing resources, expertise, and opportunities for on-going learning about computing and information technology