Computer Services Section
The facilities provide an efficient, secure, and comprehensive administrative data processing environment for core systems supporting the aim of the college, allowing anytime/anywhere access to information across a variety of devices and platforms. On the other hand, the data center is in continuous evolution. As a result, it is having software testers to analyze the requirements, and test the software functionalities respectively.
Particularly data center takes care of the HCT infrastructure, its environment, computing and storage resources such as Active Directory, Domain Management, and virtualization. Hosting all physical and virtual services. Security for all desktops, laptops, and servers is a very important aspect in all services provided by the data center and a great deal of attention is dedicated to secure the environment against inappropriate access and usage to all HCT infrastructure.
In addition, it is looking after the infrastructure that enables the provision of reliable and secure electronic systems. Examples of these services include:
- Log in accounts
-Management and administration of more than 16,000 users (students, staff, guests, and contractors). Each user has a user account to log into services such as Share Point, E-mail, website, library services, internet, OMREN platform, and printing services, etc.
- File server services
- Provide a shared folder for all the college members to save and retrieve their files.
- Exchange mail services
- Provide official E-mail accounts to all HCT staff
- Microsoft Office 365 service
- Providing and management of students Emails through Azure, Microsoft Office 365. By which students and staff are offered several benefits such as E-mail accounts, One Drive, Teams, Microsoft licenses, Class Notebook, Sway, Planner, Yammer…etc.
- Microsoft Active Directory (LDAP)
- The Active Directory service manages a database of contact information for all HCT members. This database is accessed by many other systems across campus, including the Share point service, HRMS, Survey, web, and E-learning, etc. In addition, the Active Directory can be used in conjunction with your email client address book, allowing you to lookup email addresses for faculty and staff as you need them.
- Hosting Services (VMWare)
- Providing hosting services to automate servers from physical to virtual that demands to increase efficiency, manageability, resources, high availability in performance and accelerate IT service delivery.
- Key Management Services
- Microsoft Volume Licensing Center
- MATLAB License service
- Ansys License service
- Access Door System
- Autodesk License service
- Adobe Creative Cloud Licensing
- OMREN Federation ADFS
- Digital Certificates
- Hosting research portal
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Advanced Middle East Edition
- Backup and Data Management
- Disaster Recovery(DR)
- High Availability
- High availability is a system design protocol and associated implementation that ensures a certain absolute degree of operational continuity during a given measurement period. More than 80% of College ETC services are High available, and that ensures the availability of ETC services for the College students and staff.