Library Services Section
The library provides the following services to the staff and students of HCT:
1. Circulation Services: The students can borrow maximum of three books at a time for the period of two weeks. The staff can borrow maximum of five books at a time for the period of one month.
2. Online Reservation and Renewal: The books can be reserved and renewed online. Borrowed books can be renewed maximum two times. These facilities are available on the Online Library Catalogue.
3. Group Discussion Room: This facility is for the benefit of the students to discuss as a group for academic purpose. To use the rooms, students should reserve through the ‘Online Room Reservation’ facility available on the college Intranet. Students must log-in with their valid HCT username and password to access Online Room Reservation System.
4. Current Awareness Service: The library provides this service to inform the staff and students about the new arrivals for example books and e-resources.
5. Photocopy Service: Two photocopy machines including one colour photocopy machine are deployed in the library for our students to take copies for the study purpose. They have to buy rechargeable card to take copies.
6. Online Public Access Catalogue: A dedicated online catalogue helps to find the available books in the library. The users can search by using author, title, subject and keyword options. It can be accessed outside the campus as well via staff portal and student portal.
7. Ask Librarian Service: It is an online service and mainly for the students. The main objective of the service is to provide the required information to the students for their academic needs. Online form is available on the library page of the college website. The students have to fill the form and submit it. It will reach the library staff. The request will be answered by our library staff as soon as possible.
8. Suggestion Box: The library welcomes suggestions from staff and students to improve the library resources and services. The form is available on the library page of the college website. The staff and students can fill the form and submit it. It will reach HoS, Library for further actions.
9. Inter-Library Cooperation: The library has tie-up with Hisn A’Shumookh Library. If you need journal articles or book chapters for your academic needs from the online databases subscribed by Hisn A’shumookh library, they are ready to send them through our college library. Please browse HCT library website for more details.
10. Library Induction: The library conducts regularly orientation programmes for the new students to create awareness about the library. Whenever the library subscribes to new online databases, the library organizes orientation programmes for the staff and students of the college to create awareness about the new online databases as well as to use the new resource effectively.
11. Library Website: It provides more information about the library and also offers our online services ( http://www.hct.edu.om/centers/etc/about-etc/lss )