Educational Technology Center
In the aim to improve the Quality Management System at the ETC, the center had successfully conducted the hands-on training sessions for all ETC Staff, on the use of the Operational Planning Management System (OPMS), designed and developed in Sharepoint, on August 31, 2016, September 4 and September 5, 2016.
Each ETC team had an exclusive session with the trainers, Ms. Juhaina Al Mandhari, ETC Sharepoint Developer, and Ms. Liwayway Castro, ETC QA Coordinator.
The OPMS is currently on its Phase 1 of development. Phase 1 of the OPMS is expected to:
- Ease the encoding, monitoring, reporting process of the operational and task plans.
- Ease the auditing of accomplishments based from the submitted evidences
- Management can make use of the outcomes from the OPMS, for decision making process.
- Centralized repository of the evidences
- Lessening the use of paper and other resources.
- Centralized collaboration of drafting, revising, and finalizing the ETC Operation Plan.
The trainers collected their initial feedback during the training period. The trial period shall be conducted on Sept 4-7, 2016. The participants are encouraged to try and provide more feedback on the system, during the trial period. According to the feedback gathered, the developer shall update the system for at maximum 2 weeks. After the updates, the system will be deployed, published, and implemented to all ETC members. The participants are looking forward to the implementation of the system. The system is proposed to be implemented starting September 25, 2016.