Educational Technology Center

Team Droiders Wins 1st Place in the 1st HCT Mobile App Contest

05 June 2014

Team Droiders won first place in the First HCT Mobile App Contest held last June 1, 2014 at conference room N310. The team is composed of Ms. Zhara Al Saidi and Ms. Rawan Abdullah Qasim Al Hamza, both from I.T. Department. Each member were given a Samsung Tab 3 10.1” 16GB as their prize. Their winning entry is a student attendance monitoring application which scored 85.405 marks.

The second place was bagged by Ms. Zainab Rashid Ali Al Kindi, from I.T. Department. She is the only member of Team Android Developer and will receive a Samsung Tab 3 7” 16GB. Her entry, a Voting Application for Student Councils, garnered 80.725 marks.

Team SSMS, composed of Mr. Omar Said Al Qasmi and Mr. Ibrahim Thani Al Amri, both from I.T., landed third place and brought home a Samsung Tab 3 7” 8GB each. Their GPA calculator and Absence Monitoring app gained 71.310 marks.

Mr. Mohammed Tarawneh, Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs, together with Ms. Rehana Al Ameer, Head of ETC, Ms. Najma Al Bimani, Head of CSS, and our special guest/judge from The Research Council, Mr. Khamis Juma Salim Al Raisi, awarded the teams their certificates and prizes.

 The panel of judges from our college where comprised of Mr. Francis Meneses, ETC Developer, Mr. Marlon Cureg, ETC Web Designer, Ms. Shaima Al Haddabi, IT Lecturer and Ms. Rahma Al Habsi, IT Lecturer.

The entries were pre-judged last May 4, 2014 according to an initial set of criteria having a weight of 65%. The remaining 35% were evaluated according to consistency of interface, visibility of status prompts, creativity and impact of presentation.

The First HCT Mobile Application Contest (MAC) contest is a joint project of the Educational Technology Center and the Information Technology Department under the auspices of the Office of the Dean. It was launched last November 2013 with the aim of making our students innovative, creative and competitive in the development of android mobile apps. This competition may also bring new ideas and improvements that the ETC department can develop further.

In the picture, L-R: Ms. Najma Al Bimani, Head of CSS, Ms. Rehana Al Ameer, Head of ETC, Mr. Mohammed Tarawneh, Asst. Dean for Academic Affairs, Ms. Rawan Al Hamza and Ms. Zhara Al Saidi, from Team Droiders.

Please click here to view the photos in the event.

Share this:

ETC Sections

Computer Services Section
Educational Services Section
Library Services Section

Useful Links

ETC Staff Training and Development
ETC Installation Guidelines Staff
ETC  Installation Guidelines Students

Location Map

Location Map

Campus Map

Campus Map