Entrepreneurship and Innovation Unit
NOTE: Deadlines and Sectors are subject to change.
31st December 2017
Terms and Conditions:
Following are the requirements for participating in the Humanitarian Action Center for Arab Youth Award:
- Participation in the Award in Arabic is open to every Arab youth in the age group of (18 to 34 years);
- Participation is possible either individually or as a group of not more than three persons;
- Delivery of a video presentation of not less than 3 minutes and not exceeding 5 minutes, showing the idea of the project in detail and the way it addresses one of the societal challenges in the Arab countries through presenting an integrated working model project of community and humanitarian leadership;
- Any participant in this competition shall be subject to and accept without reservation these terms and conditions, otherwise he/she shall be considered as withdrawn from this competition;
- Employees of the Ministry of State for Youth Affairs or its governmental affiliates are not allowed to participate in this contest.
- If the submitted work is a collective product, it shall be accompanied by a list of the team's names. Each participant has to acknowledge that all information, data and videos presented to the General Authority for Youth are new and innovative works of their own. Moreover, such works should not infringe the intellectual property rights of others, are free from viruses and have previously not participated in another contest unless they are renewed by 20%.
- The General Authority for Youth shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind suffered by any participant (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss).
- Delivery of inputs/products to the computer systems (website) by the user does not guarantee automatic acceptance to the competition. The General Authority for Youth may verify the compliance of all documents and videos presented by each participant with the terms and conditions of the competition and it retains the absolute authority to decide whether or not to allow someone to take part in the contest.
- The data, information and videos presented should not refer or relate to any inappropriate, obscene, illegal or prohibited contents (text, visual, audio, etc.), and the Youth General Authority cannot be held responsible for the contents delivered to this contest.
- Every participant acknowledges the right of the General Authority for Youth to disclose- as appropriate- the documents, videos and other data and information of the participants and winners to others as well as the use of this information and data for an indefinite period. The participant shall also agree to the use of their personal information as set out in these terms and conditions, and to waive his rights to bring any action against the Authority or any governmental body in connection to the competition proceedings for breach of privacy, improper disclosure of personal information or any other related claims.
- The decision of the General Authority for Youth shall be final and binding on all participants with respect to the awarding of any prizes and /or in all other cases, including any case not provided for in these terms and conditions. No queries or appeals whatsoever will be accepted therein.
- The General Authority for Youth is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction in any network of telephone lines, links, computer systems, servers, and service providers, computer programs on the Internet and / or defects of equipment, any site, e-mail account or any combination thereof.
- The General Authority for Youth shall have the right, in its absolute discretion and subject to any applicable law, to terminate or amend the competition or to amend these terms and conditions at any time before the deadline by publishing the modified conditions on the website.
- In the event that the Contest cannot be performed as planned for any reason, as a result of – but not limited to - electronic systems being exposed to virus, malfunction, tampering, unauthorized interference, fraud, technical malfunction, or Godliness acts (whether declared or not), any draft law, guide, order, regulation or any law that has the force of law or for any other reason or excuse out of the Authority’s control which affects the smooth running of this competition, the General Authority for Youth reserves - to the maximum extent permitted by law- the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest and to exclude any competitor and / or the procedures of participation.
- The General Authority for Youth is not responsible for any claims regarding the ideas presented and any consequent implementation and effects thereof.
- Deadline for submission of applications for participation in the award is Sunday, 31 December 2017.