Entrepreneurship and Innovation Department
Our vision is to promote and foster the Oman entrepreneurial culture through the education and the creation of entrepreneurial leaders to strengthen the national economy.
To be a catalyst in entrepreneurial education that inspire and support students, graduates and staff in creating a sustainable entrepreneurial environment by encouraging entrepreneurship, innovation, research and further the development of Omani enterprises.
EID is set up to act as an umbrella organization that coordinates all entrepreneurial activities at College level. The followings are the objectives of EID to create a sustainable entrepreneurial environment:
- Raise awareness of, and interest in Entrepreneurship and innovation among staff and students.
- To encourage entrepreneurial thinking and activity, business knowledge, and commercial awareness.
- Provide quality entrepreneurship and innovation student-centered education.
- To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship and promote Technology Transfer through student projects.
- To provide the knowledge and hands-on training to enable students to gain entrepreneurial skills and develop business ideas;
- To establish linkages with government and private organizations for technical and financial support for students entrepreneurs.
- Create support system with high value proposition and stakeholder’s engagement (students, staff, and partners).
- Dissemination of intellectual property culture and awareness of the importance of innovation, patent registration.
- Facilitate the grant of Intellectual property rights and easing of patenting processes.
- Managing the incubator programs in coordination with the relevant authorities.
Honesty, fairness, trust and respect within and beyond the boundaries of Entrepreneurship Cell and its external partners.
Striving sustained outstanding results through teamwork and the involvement of stakeholders.
Commitment to cross disciplinary collaboration between HCT units, students, staff, graduates and working closely with external partners based on mutual objectives to serve the society at large.
- Encourage people toward innovation and make difference through continues review, evaluation, improvements and learning for better research and entrepreneurial opportunities.
Commitment to the effective exchange of information.