Research and Consultancy Committee
Information Technology Department, Software Engineering Specialization
Lecturer & Member, College Staff Research Committee (CSRC)
Higher College of Technology (HCT) Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Information Technology Department
Higher College of Technology (HCT)
Al-Khuwair, Muscat PO Box 74; PC 133
Sultanate of Oman
One minute with Dr. Ben George Ephrem
Bharathiar University Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, INDIA DOCTORATE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
Medical Image Processing April 2008 - May 2014
Government College of Engineering, Tirunelveli Tirunelveli - Tamil Nadu, INDIA (Manonmaniam Sundaranar University) MASTER OF ENGINEERING
Computer Science Engineering April 1998 – July 2000
Noorul Islam College of Engineering Nagercoil- Tamil Nadu, INDIA. (Manonmaniam Sundaranar University) BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING
Computer Science Engineering April 1994 - April 1998
- 2011 – Till date – Lecturer, Department of Information Technology Higher College of Technology, Muscat, Oman.
- 2009 – 2010 - Assistant Professor, Department of Software Engineering, Periyar Maniammai University, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India
- 2008 – 2009 – Professor, Computer Science and Engineering Department, QIS College of Engineering and Technology, Vengamukkapalem, Ongole, Prakasam District, Andhra Pradesh, India
- 2004 – 2008 – Head of the Department, Computer Science and Engineering Department, St. Xavier’s Catholic College of Engineering, Chunkankadai, Kanya Kumari District, Tamil Nadu, India
- 2000 – 2004 – Lecturer, Computer Science and Engineering Department, St. Xavier’s Catholic College of Engineering, Chunkankadai, Kanya Kumari District, Tamil Nadu, India
- Advanced IT Skills
- Compiler Theory
- Computer Communications
- Computer Graphics
- Database Management Systems,
- Digital Image Processing
- Formal Languages and Automata Theory
- Machine and Assembly Language Programming
- Multimedia Systems and Applications
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
Supervised Research Projects
Dr. Ben George Ephrem guided more than 5 postgraduate and more than 50 undergraduate projects.
Current Areas of Research Interest
Priority research themes:
- Big Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Digital Image Processing
- Swarm Intelligence
- Assistant Program Coordinator for Software Engineering Specialization.
- Member of Information Technology Department Staff Research Committee, Higher College of Technology, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman.
- Former member of Information Technology Department Timetable Committee.
Selected Research Publications
- E. Ben George, M. Karnan, ”Feature Extraction and Classification of Brain Tumor using Bacteria Foraging Optimization Algorithm and Back Propagation Neural Networks”, European Journal of Scientific Research (EJSR), ISSN 1450 216X/1450/202X, Vol. 88 No 3, Oct 2012, pp. 327 – 333 (Scopus Indexed)
- E. Ben George, M. Karnan, “A Combined Approach for Detection of Brain Tumors using MRI and MRSI through Bacteria Foraging Optimization”, Archives Des Sciences, ISSN 1661-464X, Vol 66, No 4, Apr 2013, pp 287-292 (Science Citation Indexed (SCI) Journal)
- N.Balasupramanian, T.K.George, E. Ben George, “An Innovative Fraud Detection Framework for Secure E-Transactions using Big Data Analytics”, European Journal of Scientific Research (EJSR), ISSN 1450 216X/1450/202X, Vol 122, No 3, May 2014,pp 342-349 (Scopus Indexed)
R. Sivakumar, J. Subash Chandra Bose, M. Karnan, E. Ben George, “Identification of Suspicious Region in Secured Stegno-Mammograms with Two Dimensional Wavelets and Genetic Operators”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Cryptography and Security 2014 [ICCS 2014].
E. Ben George, Jeba Rosline, Gnana Rajesh, “Brain Tumor Segmentation using Cuckoo Search Optimization for Magnetic Resonance Images”, IEEE Xplore, March 2015.
R. Siva Kumar, E. Ben George, R.P. Anto Kumar, “A Hybrid Technique for Automated MRI Brain Image Classification”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER), ISSN 0973-9769, Volume 10, Number 61, pp.207-210, June 2015.
Ramkumar Lakshminarayanan, Balaji Dhanasekaran, Ben George Ephrem, “A Study on Features and Limitations of On-line C Compilers”, International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), ISSN 0975 – 8887, Volume 125 , Number 9, September 2015, DOI: 10.5120/ijca2015905892
E. Ben George, N.Balasupramanian, Huda Al-Shuaily, “Projection of Students’ Exam Marks using Predictive Data Analytics”, Proceedings of 3rd Free and Open Source Software Conference (FOSSC Oman), Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, February 2017.
N.Balasupramanian, E. Ben George, Imad Al-Barwani, Anshar Ali, “User Pattern based Online Fraud Detection using Bigdata Analytics and Self Organizing Maps”, selected for IEEE Xplore, July 2017
Girija Narasimhan, Ben George Ephrem, Sunitha Cheriyan, Balasupramanian.N, “Predictive Analytics of Road Accidents in Oman using Machine Learning Approach”, selected for IEEE Xplore, July 2017
If you are interested in research collaboration in these areas, please send me an E - Mail to discuss your interests.