Since most of your time will be spent significantly at home, ensure that:
- Utilize your time mostly at home to check if your building, villa or flat is fire- and electrical-safe;
- Utilize your time to become familiar with your building’s evacuation plan, or come up with a plan for evacuation if there is none;
- Avoid distraction such as smartphones or television, and stay in the kitchen if you are cooking food with any form of heat;
- Keep anything that catch fie away from the stovetop;
- Check all cords and plugs;
- Avoid octopus outlets as cluster of wires and plugs, along with using extension cords used as permanent wiring, can be fire hazards.